On Lake Roland, one of the Twin Lakes, located off state highway M-26 in
Houghton county in the western, upper peninsula of Michigan (It is a 30 minute
drive west from Houghton, which is the nearest sizeable town.)
» Information about the area
» View the area map
- Our vacation home has been remodeled to accommodate a handicapped owner while retaining its appeal to all
- Sleeps four in one large bedroom with a queen-sized bed plus twin sized bunk beds
- Queen-sized hideaway sofa in great room sleeps two. There is ample room for an inflatable bed or sleeping cots in living area.
- The home is wheelchair accessible throughout the interior and on the exterior from the house to the dock via a 5' wide walkway.
- The home entrance is step-less and the parking area is oversized. There are accessibility limitations in kitchen and sauna that require being able to stand.
- One level, all electric, fully furnished 1,200 square foot vacation home
- Complimentary WiFi with DSL Modem and Router
- Internet ready, 32" flat screen smart TV with HDMI connection included. There is no cable, satellite or local TV connection. Bring your own Roku or streaming device.
- AT&T and Verizon wireless cellular services work well, other providers are good nearby.
- Lake view from living area
- Lofted ceiling, knotty pine paneled great room
- Full-sized, completely furnished kitchen with range, refrigerator/freezer, microwave oven, dishes, pans, small appliances
- Wrap around deck is furnished with an outdoor table, chairs and gas grill
- There is a fully functioning, wood burning sauna with shower located near the bathroom.
- One large bathroom includes two sinks and a toilet. Separate sauna area includes a changing room, cedar-lined sauna and shower with both fixed and handheld shower heads.
- Tile and hardwood flooring
- Large front yard with a fire pit between the home and the lake.
- Wood burning fireplace
- Air conditioner in bedroom
- Wood usually available
- 48x4 foot dock
- Wheelchair accessible walkway from house to dock
- Shallow beach good for launching flat bottom boats
- Lake-side location faces west, sunset view
- Lake is ideal for fishing, kayaking, canoeing, swimming and other water sports
- Wildlife watching including bald eagles and ducks
- Deep water boat launch located across the lake at Twin Lakes State park
- Children enjoy frolicking in the shallow water at our beach
» View the area map
- The home rents for $700/week for up to 4 people
- Shorter stays (minimum of 3 nights) rent for $110/night
- Preference is given to rentals of one week or longer
- 10% discount for two or more consecutive week stays
- Rental periods run from 4pm Saturday to 11am the following
- Full payment of your deposit secures your reservation
- The rent is to be received no less than five weeks before your
rental period begins
- Rates are for occupancy of 1- 4 people
- Rates for additional people are $15/night each with a maximum occupancy of six people
- $350 refundable deposit returned shortly after your stay
- Damages and additional cleaning deducted from deposit
- Please be confident that you will be treated reasonably and we
will reward you for referrals that turn into future renters.
- We expect you to leave the home in the same condition it was in
when you arrived and to enjoy the area peacefully.
- Bring your own bed and bath linens, or opt to have them provided for an additional $60.
- If we are able to re-rent the home, 100% of your money will be
- In the event that we cannot re-rent it, we will return 75% with
31+ days cancellation notice, 50% with 15-30 days notice and 25% if you cancel
with 14 days notice.
- Money is not refundable for cancellations with less than 14 days
notice. Special circumstances considered.
- You may apply up to 50% of your money from a cancellation for a
credit on future rental.
» Click here for reservations
Exterior Photos (view more)
Interior Photos (view more)
Sunset at the vacation home
View on Hwy 26
at the vacation home
Lake of the Clouds
Map of the area (click to enlarge)